How to Make a Wedding Bouquet with Silk Flowers
Weddings are not perfect without silk wedding bouquets that are perfectly arranged; many couples are willing to pay a huge amount of money just to have the most beautiful wedding bouquets. Designer silk bouquet can be expensive, but you can save money by making your bouquet. It may seem complicated and complex at first glance, but it really is not difficult to make beautiful silk wedding bouquets.
Silk Bridal Bouquets are very affordable. If you need to decrease your expenses, or you're not content with any florist, but instead want to use your personal color mixture with your own concocted design then you may often make your personal bouquet. So, why don't you make your own silk flower bouquets? You may think that this entails a complex process, but the truth is it is actually very easy to make silk wedding bouquets. You just need to stick to the tips below, and ultimately in no less time, you yourself can turn out to be your own florist.
- Find a store that sells silk flowers and buy the blossoms you want. It is a fact that many brides like nothing more than white flowers for a bouquet so that it can merge perfectly when held in with a white wedding dress. If the bride emphasizes on having a white wedding bouquet and white theme, just add a few leaves and colored ribbons for better dramatic effect. For fillers, use baby's breath to bring out the white flowers.
- Put a few heavy stones in a vase halfway. This is where you will place your bouquet while you arrange with both hands. You will need support for the flowers, and there are two options out there. A Styrofoam foam is sometimes used for flowers with stronger stems, while others use floral foam. A Styrofoam form is ideal because it can withstand the constant rearranging. The floral foam will create holes when you rearrange. In this case, you can use a drop of glue to keep the stem in place. Do this only when you are one hundred percent sure of the position of the flowers.
- Cut off the flowers and leaves from the stalk to separate them. Start creating stems by taping a florist wire to the base of the flowers and leaves. While you trim the stems, use wire cutters and know that you will need more flowers if you are using longer stemmed blossoms.
- Now, you can add each silk flower to the bouquet one by one. The flower with longer stems should be inserted first at the middle bottom part of the foam. This will serve as the bouquet's anchor. Then place two long stems away from the center, place one in the center and another two off center again. The bottom of the bouquet will be built this way. Then, you can start building the fuller portion of your bouquet.
- To complete the process, wrap a matching ribbon around the bouquet holder so as to complement the theme of your wedding and the color of the flowers. The wedding bouquet would look just perfect if it fits excellently to the theme. You can also add up smaller flowers to fill the bouquet.
The Advantages of Silk Wedding Flowers
- They can be done in advance
- Less expensive
- Allergies are not aggravated
- Life-lasting keepsake
The real beauty of creating silk flower bouquet yourself is that you can totally mess it up and still be able to start all over again without destroying your beautiful blossoms. As long as you like how your arrangement turns out, you will know that you've done the right thing.